Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Information
WARNING: Radisys products contain static-sensitive components and should be handled with care. Failure to employ adequate anti-static measures can cause irreparable damage to components. Electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage can result in partial or complete device failure, performance degradation, or reduced operating life of the product. To avoid ESD damage, the following precautions are strongly recommended.
- Keep each module/component in its ESD shielding bag until you are ready to install it.
- Before touching a module or component, attach an ESD wrist strap to your wrist and connect its other end to a known ground.
- Handle the module or component only in an area that has its working surfaces, floor coverings, and chairs connected to a known ground.
- Hold modules only by their edges and mounting hardware. Avoid touching components and connector pins.
- Do not stack modules or components on top of each other or on books, papers, or other materials in your work area. Modules and components should only be placed in anti-static bags or on grounded working surfaces.
For further information on ESD, visit www.esda.org.