We’ve recently been notified that our Integrated SON Solution with AirHop Communications and Broadcom is in the running for yet another industry award! The solution—which is undergoing trial deployments with leading mobile operators—is shortlisted for the 2014 LTE North America Awards in the “Innovation in HetNet Development” category. The integrated solution was recently honored by CTIA as well.
Unlike proprietary SON solutions, the Integrated SON Solution leverages commercial solutions that are widely available and it has been verified in an integrated environment of Radisys software and Broadcom SoC. This broader ecosystem allows mobile operators to avoid vendor lock-in. By integrating AirHop’s eSON within our TOTALeNodeB solution, optimized on Broadcom silicon, our distributed SON solution enables key benefits, including:
1) Reduced OPEX via automatic discovery, self-configuration and other OSS-level SON functions
2) Support for distributed, real-time inter-cell coordination
3) Real-time coordination among multiple cells coupled with interference management and load balancing algorithms
4) Improved system capacity via intelligent radio resource allocation
5) Improved user experiences
6) Access to user equipment measurements defined by existing air-interface
This collaboration between three market leaders provides mobile operators with a true third-party end-to-end SON solution. We’re proud to have our Integrated SON Solution shortlisted by LTE North America and we’re excited to find out all of the winners on November 19.