Radisys service professionals are active partners throughout the entire lifecycle of your product, from the engineering and design phase all the way to the end of life management. We provide more than just a warranty; we are complete product lifecycle support and service.
Radisys has the experience to help customers cost effectively plan service delivery throughout the product lifecycle. We offer customers two levels of service management: Service Planning and Obsolescence/EOL Planning. Working with Radisys to develop services plans reduces revenue risk and cost through contingency plans that maintain product quality and support despite shifting standards, technology changes, and product obsolescence.
During the service planning stage, Radisys experts work with the customer to determine a service plan that will optimize labor, inventory, and resources required to support their end customers throughout the product lifecycle. At this point, our experts generate a service planning report with recommendations including service solutions, service environment, alternatives, etc.
After that, the customer reviews the services plan and determines which services they would like to utilize. Working with our service experts, customers assure a cost reduction for the total lifetime ownership, they are able to proactively anticipate events during the product lifecycle and ultimately reduce risk.
The next phase of service management includes obsolescence/EOL planning. As products near the end of their lifecycle, planning for replacement or next generation products is vital. Radisys experts are equipped with failure data, operational data, and industry knowledge to guide customers through this process. We work with the customers to produce a report detailing the affected parts or products, the obsolescence/EOL environment, alternatives, and service solutions. Then customers decide where to go from there.
Radisys offers two standard Service Management packages, one for Service Planning and the other for Obsolescence/EOL Planning. Each is structured similarly to include approximately 3 days of effort from a Radisys service planner, working with your staff, to conduct a brief study of your needs.
In both cases, a report will be issued and a presentation made to the customer. After the presentation of the recommendations, Radisys can provide a proposal to carry out the recommendations, to implement the recommended services, or to develop a more detailed service plan.
Radisys service management assistance provides added value on multiple levels. We are able to utilize our expert staff to help customers optimize labor, material and capital resources. Additionally, we are able to provide necessary industry knowledge that enables customers to plan for the next generation of products.
Experienced, certified program managers ensure transparency by regular progress reports and milestone updates through all project stages plus the flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and shifting goals.
Keeping Customers Informed
- Project reporting – weekly, bi-weekly
- Variance-to-baseline status reports
- Work-product reviews
- Periodic joint reviews during all phases
- Requirements management
- Configuration management
- Test management
- Release management
- Defect management
- Complete EOL management
- Spiral methodology to match flexibility with changing requirements
- Industry best practices followed through project lifecycles
- Guaranteed protection of intellectual property
- High quality assurance in keeping with a published quality plan
- Accurate communication of project status, test results, and reviews
- Code/document snapshots and milestone reports
- Ongoing evaluation of challenges and adaptation plans
- Problem reporting and resolution
- Proactive risk assessment, risk management, and impact analysis
- Risk mitigation strategy and periodic assessment of results
- Risk measurement metrics
- Fixed price, fixed schedule engagement
- Accurate estimating and forecasting
- Continuous improvement of development processes
- Change management procedures
- Maintenance agreements