The Signaling Connection Control Part (SCCP) protocol layer provides a means to control logical signaling connections and to transfer signaling data units across the SS7 network.
SCCP software resides in various network elements including SSP, SCP, STP, IP, MSC, BSC, BSS, SGSN and HLR/VLR/SCF/AUC/EIR.
Trillium SCCP software enables telecom equipment manufacturers of soft switches, signaling gateways, signal transfer points, service control points, media gateway controllers or other products to:
- Accelerate time to market
- Reduce development costs
- Reduce project risk of internally developed SCCP applications
Product deliverables consist of C source software, documentation, training, a warranty and technical support.
- Supports the DFT/HA environment, which allows creation of, and load distribution between, multiple active/standby software images of Trillium SCCP. DFT/HA creates higher availability, provides load sharing over multiple processors and provides increased scalability.
- Supports the FT/HA environment, which provides active/standby processing. The active copy takes part in event processing and updates the standby with “healthy” state changes, thereby eliminating error propagation and increasing system reliability. FT/HA supports the “Six Nines” (99.9999%) reliability requirements of carrier-grade networks.
- Supports the Rolling Upgrade feature, which allows the user to upgrade to a new version of the software without taking the system offline; the system continues to provide service when the software is being upgraded.
- Supports standards bodies recommendations, including CCITT (ITU) Q.711 – Q.716, Q.752, and ANSI T1.112 for routing, translation and management functions.
- Supports multiple variants, including ITU 1988, ITU 1993, ITU 1996, ANSI 1988, ANSI 1992, ANSI 1996, Japan JT-Q711 through JT-Q714, Telcordia (GR246 Issue 5), and China 1994.
- Complies with GSM 08.06 specifications.
- Supports routing functions, including address translation, routing based on global title, routing based on SSN and routing based on DPC.
- Supports connectionless and connection-oriented classes of services including:
- Class 0 – Basic connectionless class
- Class 1 – Sequenced (MTP) connectionless class
- Class 2 – Basic connection-oriented class
- Class 3 – Flow control connection-oriented class
- Supports connectionless service functions including transport of user data, mapping of network address to signaling relations, sequencing of service classification and providing segmentation and reassembly of user data.
- Supports connection-oriented service functions including connection establishment, transporting user data, sequencing, segmenting, flow control and connection release.
- Supports management functions including SCCP subsystem status check, change notification of SCCP subsystem status and service withdrawal of SCCP subsystem.
- Supports audits of signaling connections states with SCCP service users.
- Conforms to Trillium Advanced Portability Architecture (TAPA)
- Benefits of licensing Trillium software from Radisys
Trillium SCCP software can be integrated easily to work with other Trillium software, including MTP3, TCAP, PSF – SCCP (FT/HA), MTP3 User Adaptation Layer (M3UA) and Multi-Threaded System Services (MTSS).
Trillium SCCP software conforms to the following standards:
- ITU-T, Q.711-Q.714, Q.716 (1988, 1993, 1996), Q.752
- ANSI T1.112 (1988, 1992, 1996)
- Telcordia GR-246 Issue 5
- China (1994)
- Japan (JT Q711 – JT Q714)
- GSM 08.06