The LDF – SCCP software adds distributed features to the Trillium Signaling Connection Control Part (SCCP) portable software product.
LDF – SCCP software provides the means to distribute the SCCP traffic onto multiple hardware platforms while representing a single SCCP node, thereby increasing the node’s traffic handling capacity.
Trillium LDF – SCCP software enables telecom equipment manufacturers of soft switches, signaling gateways, signal transfer points, service control points, media gateway controllers or other products to:
- Accelerate time to market
- Reduce development costs
- Reduce project risk of internally developed SCCP applications
Product deliverables consist of C source software, documentation, training, a warranty and technical support.
- The signaling message traffic from the SCCP user parts and the traffic from the network for a particular variant and class can be distributed onto multiple instances of SCCP based on the presence of the following parameters (referred to as optional distribution keys) in the signaling message:
- Calling Party Address (Point code and subsystem number)
- Called Party Address (Point code and subsystem number)
- Signaling Link Selector (SLS)
- Sequence Control (SC)
- Service user instance ID
- Any combination of the above parameters
- LDF – SCCP can be configured to divide the traffic fairly across a set of processors or it can be configured to carry different amounts of traffic on different processors.
- LDF – SCCP can be configured to route traffic to the service user and service provider on the same processor to avoid cross-traffic.
- LDF – SCCP can be configured to have independent distribution keys for the traffic coming from the SCCP user parts and for traffic coming from the network.
- LDF – SCCP supports the ITU, Telcordia (GR-246 Issue 5), China, Japan (JTQ.711-JTQ.714), and ANSI variants of the SCCP protocol.
- In case of failure of an SCCP processor, the traffic of that processor can be handled by any other SCCP processor with minimal losses.
- Complies with GSM 08.06 specifications.
- Conforms to Trillium Advanced Portability Architecture (TAPA)
- Benefits of licensing Trillium software from Radisys
Trillium LDF – SCCP software can be integrated easily to work with other Trillium software, including SCCP, PSF – SCCP (FT/HA), Distributed FT/HA Core, MTP3 and TCAP.
Trillium LDF – SCCP software conforms to the following standards. Refer to the LDF – SCCP Functional Specification for detailed implementation.
- Trillium Advanced Portability Architecture (TAPA)
- Trillium Distributed Fault-Tolerant/High Availability (DFT/HA) Architecture
- ITU-T Q.711-Q.714, Q.716, Q.752
- ANSI T1.112
- JAPAN (JTQ711-JTQ714)
- GSM 08.06 compliance