The ISDN Q.921 User Adaptation Layer (IUA) portable software product backhauls ISDN Q.921 user messages over IP networks by using the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) software.
IUA is used between a Signaling Gateway (SG) and a Media Gateway Controller (MGC).
Trillium IUA software enables telecom equipment manufacturers of soft switches, signaling gateways, signal transfer points, service control points, media gateway controllers or other products to:
- Accelerate time to market
- Reduce development costs
- Reduce project risk of internally developed IUA applications
Product deliverables consist of C source software, documentation, training, a warranty and technical support.
- A management interface for configuration and control operations and status and statistics retrieval. It also provides protocol state and alarm information at the management interface.
- Extensive run-time error checking support.
- Extensive debugging support to ease system integration and testing.
- Support for function call traces and tracing of incoming and outgoing PDUs. Trace information is provided at the management interface and can be used to support the remote logging and analysis operation.
- Seamless operation of Q.921-User peers (for example, Q.931 peers) in ISDN and IP domains
- Management of active associations between SGP and ASP (status and control)
- Mapping between an ISDN Interface ID and the physical interface (T1 and E1) and associated signaling channel at the SGP
- SCTP stream management
- Maintaining the status of ASPs at the SGP
- Support for ASP fail-over model for redundancy
- Support of ASP load-share model
- Support of NIF module at the SGP
- Conforms to Trillium Advanced Portability Architecture (TAPA)
- Benefits of licensing Trillium software from Radisys
Trillium IUA software interworks with the following Trillium products:
- Integrated Services Digital Networks (ISDN) Q.931
- Link Access Protocol – D Channel (LAPD)
- Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
Trillium IUA software conforms to the following standards. Refer to the ISDN Q.921 User Adaptation Layer (IUA) Functional Specification for detailed implementation.
- IETF RFC 4233 ISDN Q.921 User Adaptation Layer 01/2006
- IETF draft-ietf-sigtranrfc4233update-01 IUA (RFC 4233) TEI Query Request Number 07/2007
- ETSI TS 102 332 V1.1.1 ISDN Q.921 User Adaptation Layer