DUA is a SIGTRAN protocol for transporting DPNSS/DASS Layer 2 user part signaling messages (i.e. DPNSS Layer 3) over IP using the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).
DUA can be used between a signaling gateway and Media Gateway Controller, between a signaling gateway and IP signaling point and between two IP signaling points.
The DUA software is portable C source code that can be compiled to run on any processor, under any operating system, and with any system architecture. The modular design and simple interfaces allow the DUA software to be easily ported to any environment.
Trillium DUA software enables telecom equipment manufacturers of soft switches, signaling gateways, access gateways, signal transfer points, service control points, media gateway controllers or other products to:
- Accelerate time to market
- Reduce development costs
- Reduce project risk of internally developed DUA applications
Product deliverables consist of C source software, documentation, training, a warranty and technical support.
- A management interface for configuration and control operations and status and statistics retrieval. It also provides protocol state and alarm information at the management interface.
- Extensive run-time error checking support.
- Extensive debugging support to ease system integration and testing.
- Support for function call traces and tracing of incoming and outgoing PDUs. Trace information is provided at the management interface and can be used to support the remote logging and analysis operation.
- Seamless operation of DPNSS/DASS2 Layer 2 user peers (for example, DPNSS/DASS2 Layer 3 peers) in DPNSS/DASS2 and IP domains
- Management of active associations between SGP and ASP (status and control)
- Mapping between an DPNSS/DASS2 user type and the physical interface (T1 and E1), and the associated signaling channel at the SGP
- SCTP stream management
- Maintaining the status of ASPs at the SGP
- Support for the ASP failover model for redundancy
- Support for the ASP load share model
- Support for the NIF module at the SGP
- Conforms to Trillium Advanced Portability Architecture (TAPA)
- Benefits of licensing Trillium software from Radisys
Trillium DUA software interworks with Trillium Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
Trillium DUA supports the following standard:
- IETF draft-ietf-sigtran-dua-08 : DPNSS/DASS2 User Adaptation Layer
- IETF RFC 4129 DPNSS/DASS2 User Adaptation Layer
For more a more detailed technical overview contact your Radisys Sales Director to receive the DPNSS/DASS2 User Adaptation Layer (DUA) Functional Specification.