The Base Station System GPRS Protocol (BSSGP) software provides the following functions:
- Transfers Logical Link Control Service Data Units (LLCSDUs) between the Base Station System (BSS) and the Serving GPRS Support Node (SGSN), in both uplink and downlink directions.
- Controls the flow of LLCSDUs in the downlink direction to efficiently use the radio resources.
- Transfers GPRS Mobility Management (GMM) Protocol Data Units (PDUs) between BSS and SGSN for Mobile Station (MS) paging, MS radio capability updating and MS GPRS service suspension and resuming.
- Transfers Network Management (NM) PDUs between BSS and SGSN for BSS Virtual Connection (BVC) flow control, MS flow control, cell reselection, BVC block, unblock and reset.
Trillium BSSGP software enables telecom equipment manufacturers of soft switches, signaling gateways, signal transfer points, service control points, media gateway controllers or other products to:
- Accelerate time to market
- Reduce development costs
- Reduce project risk of internally developed BSSGP applications
Product deliverables consist of C source software, documentation, training, a warranty and technical support.
- Supports both BSS and SGSN compile-time options.
- Transfers LLCSDUs between BSS and SGSN.
- Transfers GMM signaling PDUs between BSS and SGSN.
- Transfers NM signaling PDUs between BSS and SGSN.
- Controls the flow of LLCSDUs for each MS cell.
- Considers the precedence class during flow control: BSSGP services the LLCSDUs of the higher precedence class before those of the lower precedence class.
- Monitors, controls, and notifies of the local congestion that can arise due to protocol layer resource exhaustion.
- Monitors, controls, and notifies of the congestion reported by the underlying Network Service (NS).
- Receives uplink traffic at BSS from multiple instances of Relay; receives uplink traffic at SGSN from multiple instances of NS; receives downlink traffic at SGSN from multiple instances of LLC; receives downlink traffic at BSS from multiple instances of NS.
- Distributes the uplink traffic at BSS to multiple instances of NS; distributes uplink traffic at SGSN to multiple instances of LLC; distributes downlink traffic at SGSN to multiple instances of NS; distributes downlink traffic at BSS to multiple instances of Relay.
- Conforms to Trillium Advanced Portability Architecture (TAPA)
- Benefits of licensing Trillium software from Radisys
Trillium BSSGP software interworks with Trillium GPRS Mobility Management and Session Management (GMM-SM), Logical Link Control (LLC) and GPRS Network Service (NS) software products.
Trillium BSSGP software conforms to the following standard:
- General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), BSS GPRS Protocol (BSSGP), GSM 08.18, Release 98