R220 Network Appliance
Breakthrough Deep Packet Inspection and Packet Processing Performance
Now available with Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v2 Series
Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) based solutions such as policy enforcement, network monitoring, lawful intercept, security/next generation firewall, and video optimization continue to experience significant momentum in the market as traffic management, network monetization and security remain key priorities for operators.
For these solutions, operators need low- to high-density platforms spanning deployments across access, edge and core networks. The patent-pending R220 network appliance platform offers an ideal complement to Radisys’ ATCA product portfolio to address this need.
- Breakthrough DPI performance and optimized packet processing
- Short depth (20”), NEBS and non-NEBS options, redundant and hot-swap capabilities
- Highly Serviceable with modular front I/O and front storage modules that can be removed/configured without de-racking
- Custom look-and-feel options, Long life support (5-7 years
- Integrated and optimized with Intel Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) with comprehensive support package
- Application Ready DPI platform options that include best-in-class products from Radisys and partner
Radisys’ 20-inch deep, carrier-grade network appliance platform is designed for high performance. The R220 allows up to four front I/O modules, five front storage modules (HDD or SSD), redundant AC or DC power supply units (PSUs) and front serviceable fans that can be replaced in the field without de-racking the system. The front serviceability simplifies SKU management and reduces supply chain complexity and cost.
Attributes such as NEBS compliance, 20-inch chassis depth, high-availability with hotswap, telco alarms and enhanced remote management capabilities make it an ideal solution for deployments in both central office and data center environments. In addition, the R220 network appliance offers cutting edge performance for networking applications with dual high performance 8-core Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processors (Socket R) and Intel C600 series chipset, 16x high bandwidth memory slots and flexibility to augment performance with co-processors via PCI Express card slots.
The highly flexible server also allows users to optimize the configuration for control and database access applications by replacing three of the front I/O modules with HDDs/SSDs – thus allowing up to 8x hotswap front storage modules. Consistent software offering across Radisys ATCA and RMS network appliance product lines reduces development cost and time-to-market for solution providers.
- Dual high performance 8-Core Intel Xeon E5-2600 Family Processors
- Short 20-inch depth, NEBS/ETSI compliant, redundant and hotswap capabilities
- Field configurable front I/O, storage and power supply
- Power Efficient, highly serviceable, long life support (5-7 years)
- Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- Network Monitoring
- Policy Management
- Lawful Intercept
- Security, Next Generation Firewall
- Video Optimization
- Telco Central Office, Data Center, Aerospace, and Defense
- Internal bootable USB flash device Support: Optional boot support for disaster recovery
- Customized front Bezel: Allows solution differentiation; adaptable to customer branding requirements
- 2 and 4 post RACK Mounting Kits: Supports most Telco and standard RACK installations
Dual Socket Intel Xeon E5-2600 (v1 and v2 supported) Family Processors. Dual 8GT/s QPI links for inter-processor connection, 8x memory channels running up to 1600 MHz and 40x PCIe Lanes per processor.
- Cutting edge performance for both data and control plane applications in a cost-effective platform
16x RDIMM/UDIMM DDR3-1333/1600 MT/s memory slots allowing up to 256GB of local memory.
- High performance/capacity memory subsystem
NEBS Level-3 / ETSI Compliance.
- Designed to withstand extreme heat, humidity, altitude and zone 4 earthquake shock and multiple other extreme environmental conditions in compliance with NEBS-3 / ETSI requirements. Highly reliable platform built for demanding Carrier Grade requirements
- Deployment flexibility: meets needs of most Central Office and Data Center installations
Front mounted, field serviceable and configurable 4x I/O modules. Broad range of copper and fiber module options with and without bypass.
- Easy field configurability reduces deployment cost and complexity by reducing number of product variants. Front I/O can be serviced without de-racking the system
Front mounted, field configurable hot-swappable 5-8x 2.5-inch SAS or Solid State Drives. Front mounted, field serviceable hot-swappable redundant fan trays.
- High availability and serviceability
RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 10.
- Reliability and Performance
Up to Six PCIe slots for co-processors or additional I/O options. PCIe slots include 2 high powered PCIe x16 and FH/FL slots.
- Higher performance with PCI-E Gen3 (Gen2 backwards compatible) slots
Dual redundant hot-swappable AC or DC high efficiency power supplies with PMBus support.
- Flexibility of supporting AC or DC power input feeds
Remote “lights-out” management. Front and Rear USB, serial and Ethernet service ports.
- Easier field upgrades, service, and support
Processor and Chipset
- Dual 8-core Intel Xeon E5-2600 (v1 and v2) Family Processors with C600 Chipset
- 16x DDR3-1333/1600 MT/s RDIMM slots
- Up to 256GB (with 16GB DIMMs non-mirrored mode)
- Height: 3.43 inches (2U), Width: 17.56 inches, Depth: 20 inches
Front I/O Connectivity
- 4x front serviceable I/O modules allowing broad range of 1GbE and 10GbE copper, fiber, with and without bypass options; please see compatibility guide
- 5x front mounted hot-swappable 2.5-inch SAS or Solid State Drive Modules
- Optional internal USB flash device
- 4x front mounted redundant hot-swappable fan trays
- 1x rear mounted RJ45 1GbE port with BMC sideband interface
- 1x front mounted RJ45 serial connector, 1x rear mounted standard DB9 serial connector
- 1x front mounted USB 2.0 port, 4x rear mounted USB 2.0 ports
- 1x rear mounted VGA port
- 2x rear mounted RJ45 1GbE NIC ports
Telco Alarm Management
- Critical, Major, Minor Alarm LEDs and one user-defined LED in the front
- 1x DB25 with standard connectors Telco Alarm Relay port in the rear
- 800W AC and 750W DC
- USA: UL 60950-1, 2nd Edition
- Canada : CSA 22.2 No. 60950-1 2nd Edition
- Europe: EN 60950-1, 2nd Edition; Low Voltage Directive, 2006/95/EC
- International: CB Certificate and Report to IEC60950-1, 2nd Edition with national differences for all international deviations
- US: FCC 47 CFR Part 15 Class A
- Canada: ICES-003 Class A
- EMC Directive, 2004/108/EC;
- EN55022, Class A Limit, Radiated & Conducted Emissions;
- EN55024 Immunity Characteristics for ITE;
- EN61000-4-2 ESD Immunity;
- EN61000-4-3 Radiated Immunity;
- EN61000-4-4 Electrical Fast Transient;
- EN61000-4-5 Surge;
- EN61000-4-6 Conducted RF;
- EN61000-4-11 Voltage Fluctuations and Short Interrupts;
- EN61000-3-2 Harmonic Currents;
- EN61000-3-3 Voltage Flicker
- Japan: VCCI Class A ITE (CISPR 22, Class A)
- International: CISPR 22, Class A Limit, CISPR 24 Immunity
- Temperature, operating: +5°C to +40°C, 5%-85% Relative Humidity
- Temperature, short term operating: -5°C to +55°C, 5%-90% Relative Humidity
- Temperature, non-operating: -40 °C to +70°C
- Humidity, non-operating: 5%-90% Relative Humidity
- Altitude, operating: -60 to 1,800 m (-197 to 5,905 ft) @ 40°C; 1800 to 4,000 m (5905 to 13,123 ft) @ 30°C
- Vibration, operating: Swept sine at 1.0g from 5-100-5 Hz using a 0.25 octave/minute sweep rate on all 3 axes
- Vibration, non-operating: Random 5-20Hz with an input of 0.01g2/Hz sloping -3dB/Octave from 20-200Hz on all 3 axis
- Shock, operating: Half-sine 30m/s2, 11 ms pulse, 3 pulses in each direction on all 3 axis
- Shock, non-operating: Per GR-63-CORE Section 5.3.2 Unpackaged Equipment Drop Test Procedure
- Acoustic: 7.2Bel LWAd @ 23°C ± 2°C
- Complies with RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC