Radisys is the leading supplier of IP media servers and turnkey audio conferencing application software for next–generation conferencing solutions.
Making sound business decisions is often a collaborative effort amongst a group of people. And in today’s global economy, those people are increasingly geographically dispersed. In situations where a face–to–face group meeting is uneconomical, audio conferencing services offer a cost–effective and eco–friendly alternative for global business leaders to share ideas and conduct business from wherever they happen to be.
These macro factors are driving sizable growth in audio conferencing minutes of use worldwide. But as new service providers enter this growth market, downward pressures on per-minute pricing are straining the profit margins of Conferencing Service Providers (CSPs) operating traditional circuit–based conference bridge technology.
To compete in this market environment, CSPs and large enterprises must accelerate their adoption of next–generation conferencing solutions that not only lower their capital costs, operating expenses, and cost of ownership, but also position them to offer unique and differentiated conferencing services in the future.
For more information, please request our: Conferencing Solutions Brochure
IP media servers are an important network element in a modern VoIP–based audio conferencing infrastructure. Radisys media servers offer industry–leading capacity and redundancy features, at a price–per–port substantially lower than TDM–based conference bridge equivalents.
Radisys Media Server highlights:
- Industry-leading densities and scalability: Up to 22,800 ports in a single CMS-9000 media server system. Using cascaded conferencing, thousands of participants can be included in the same conference mix.
- Advanced audio conferencing features: Radisys leads the industry with comprehensive and often unique audio mixing capabilities including N-Loudest mixing, personalized mixing, sub-conferences, active speaker notification, automatic and programmable gain control, automatic transcoding, and conferencing recordings.
- Voice Quality Enhancements (VQE): Radisys is the only media server vendor offering a comprehensive VQE feature set delivering VoIP audio quality improvements and advanced VoIP audio mixing in the same product.
- Standards-based control interfaces: All Radisys conferencing features are exposed and controlled using open, standards-based interfaces such as SIP with Media Server Markup Language (MSML – RFC 5707)
This combination of scalability, reliability, features, and economics of Radisys media servers has made us the IP media server of choice in nine of the top ten conferencing service providers around the globe, with hundreds of thousands of ports deployed worldwide.
Conferencing Service Providers can develop their own VoIP audio conferencing applications, which can integrate Radisys media server capabilities using open standards-based control interfaces. Alternatively, VoIP conferencing application developers can partner with Radisys to provide the industry-leading VoIP audio mixing capabilities you require, allowing you as a developer to focus your development resources on the application-layer itself.
For Conference Service Providers looking for complete turn-key audio conferencing solutions, Radisys now also offers the SIPware audio conferencing solution, which is pre-integrated with the Radisys media server. This pre-integrated solution enables CSPs to deliver high-quality, feature-rich services, starting small yet being able to efficiently scale to very large configurations.
SIPware audio conferencing solution highlights include:
- Support existing TDM-based endpoints, with emerging IP-based devices using a common IP-based conferencing solution.
- Deliver feature-rich Event Conferencing and Reservationless Conferencing with web and MS Outlook integration, conference recording, Internet broadcast, and other IP-based enhancements.
- Rapidly and cost-effectively customize services to meet their needs, including adding new languages and features.
- Increase port density and reduce overall footprint.
More Information on Audio Conferencing
SIPware Event Conferencing
The Radisys SIPware Event Conferencing solution is a next-generation approach for delivering a feature-rich event conferencing service that can support up to several thousand participants in a single conference. Pre-integrated with Radisys media server, this turnkey solution can be readily deployed network-wide through SIP-enabled media gateways or VoIP networks. SIPware Event Conferencing offers service providers a complete, off-the-shelf solution for delivering profitable conferencing services—rapidly and cost-effectively.
SIPware Reservationless Conferencing
The Radisys SIPware Reservationless Conferencing solution is a next-generation approach for delivering a cost-effective reservationless conferencing service. This solution is also pre-integrated with Radisys media servers, delivering Conferencing Services Providers a proven combination of scalability, reliability, and economics.