Radisys CEO Brian Bronson Named a Portland Business Journal Executive of the Year
Of course, Brian won’t take all the credit for Radisys’ recent achievements because he recognizes that an organization’s success is not generally tied to one person. He knows that it takes many skilled individuals executing a clear strategy with a unified goal. Success also requires exceptional leadership. Here are a few highlights from the year that illustrate why the Portland Business Journal editors selected him as an Executive of the Year, and why we know they were right to do so.
See a Need, Fill a Need
Brian and his executive team recognized that communications service providers are embracing open platforms integrated with open source software. While this wasn’t what Radisys was known for, Brian saw the trend as an opportunity to:
- Leverage Radisys’ 25+ year expertise in telecom software and hardware engineering to define multiple new products and capabilities that meet the need for open solutions
- Develop market-disruptive solutions that enable service providers to move on from big, expensive, proprietary platforms and avoid vendor lock-in
- Offer professional services and custom development to ease customer transitions from old equipment to the new data center/cloud world, because integration can be challenging
You can read more specifics about Radisys’ 2016 new products and involvement with open computing initiatives in our Radisys – The Year in Review post.
Creating Shareholder Wealth
With the less-than-stellar global economic conditions of recent years, it’s not been too common to see companies’ revenues and stock prices grow. But under Brian’s leadership, that’s what Radisys has done. Brian made efforts to:
- Cut operating costs by consolidating worksite redundancies, while hiring more than 200 employees with the skills needed to move the company forward
- Ensure the company is focused only on developing profitable products and services
- Deliver proof-of-concepts and first-to-market solutions that will continue to fuel the transformation of the company
Ultimately, these efforts have worked as we’ve increased revenue and earnings growth.
- Stock prices, which rose 18 percent in 2015, were as high as 100 percent during 2016
- Operational costs were cut in half, directly adding to the bottom line
Brian and the other Executives of the Year will be recognized at a special event on January 26 at the Sentinel Hotel in Portland, Oregon. Brian will participate in the event’s on-stage interviews and share the strategies and philosophies that have led to such great achievements during his time at our helm.
What: Portland Business Journal Executive of the Year Awards 2017
When: Thursday, January 26th | 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Where: Sentinel Hotel | 614 SW 11th Ave. 4th Floor, Portland OR