Mobile World Congress 2017: Demonstrating Open Solutions for 5G
As mobile and telecom experts from around the world plan to gather in Barcelona for Mobile World Congress 2017, we are looking forward to engaging with the industry on open solutions for SDN, NFV and 5G and providing insights into developments in open source hardware and software for mobile service delivery.
The mobile service industry is continuing its steady march towards virtualized networks built with open source components. Radisys remains at the forefront of these trends through our delivery of open source products and open industry specifications, along with our systems integration capabilities to bring it all together. Radisys experts will be on hand in Hall 5, Booth 5I61, to discuss:
- Radisys contributions to the OCP-ACCEPTED™ CG-OpenRack-19 specification – an open hardware specification that brings open rack concepts and benefits into next-generation telco data centers
- Our growing expertise in open source software for telecommunications, such as M-CORD (Mobile CORD) – the emerging platform of choice for enabling 5G services.
See the M-CORD Demo
This year, we will be partnering with ON.Lab to showcase live M-CORD demonstrations in our booth. The demos will showcase M-CORD use cases, running on commodity hardware and our own DCEngine platform. The uses cases will include:
- Demo 1: End-to-end slicing, including RAN slicing and EPC slicing
- Demo 2: Disaggregated Mobility Management Entity (MME) and connectionless gateway for static IoT devices
- Demo 3: Mobile edge service for public safety applications
- Demo 4: Network assurance – testing-as-a-service
Taking the Stage to Talk Small Cells
Neeraj Patel, Senior Director Sales & Product Line Management, will be presenting an update on how Radisys is supporting small cell innovations and deployments on the path to 5G in the Small Cell Forum pavilion (Hall 7, Booth 7F61).
So in summary, we have lots to show and talk about in Barcelona this year. To schedule a meeting with Radisys’ executive team and product and solutions experts during the show, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org today. I hope to see you there!